Saturday, October 24, 2015

Documenting our days - Week of October 19

I have a new project going on this week: Every day I spend a little time documenting the kids for at least 10 minutes. I want to remember these little kids just being them, playing and enjoying themselves. I want to remember some of these little bits that make our days.

~~Monday~~
There are days when I just get tired. Tired of messes, tired of cooking, tired of laundry, tired of spats between the kids, tired of all the wants and needs of 5 other people who always want and need something from me. I love them. I love my life. I want them to want and need me but there are those days, those dark days where I wish I had a giant rock to hide under. A cozy rock of course, with a bed and a book. Sometimes though, the cure to this tired is to push myself to do what I don't want to. That's interact even more with them. Go outside, kick a ball, swing a kid, chase and tickle, blow some bubbles. Watch your baby who first hated the grass pick some clover flowers. Watch them getting so very dirty and not caring because they're happy. This was Monday...


~~Tuesday~~
 I didn't document as much this day. Busy with work that I bring home, busy with homeschooling (which I should've documented. Maybe another day) I did however, take a few pictures of baby girl in the early morning light. First we eat, priorities people, then we change her soggy diaper and put on fresh clothes. Every girl likes fresh clothes. Every mama likes their naked, squishy, toe sucking baby.

~~Wednesday~~
Failed on the documenting front. All I got were these of little guy. First thing this morning playing the leap pad before breakfast. (priorities people.)



~~Thursday~~
Thursday was basically just snatches of this and that. I caught my youngest 2 napping at the SAME time. That doesn't happen as much as I'd like. I snatched a few pictures of daddy sitting in the recliner with baby girl. He's held this baby in that recliner more than he has any of our other babies. He's now reaping the reward of that by hearing her say "dada" before mama. I feel betrayed. The apples and the tree? Well, why not? Then I went scouting for a few places to take pictures of a dear friend of mine and her girls next week. My big boy was my helper for that and then I took a few pictures of him just for fun. Then we finished our day at the park.

 ~~Friday~~
This is my actual go in to the office day but I did manage to grab a few shots of the backyard play when I got home. My big boy thinks he's part monkey now and is always climbing the trees. My sweet girl picked me a flower. Little guy ran around with his favorite toy, it's rarely out of his hands. And a lesson was learned - don't mess with the daddy!

 ~~Saturday~~
So, I woke up this morning and decided today is the day I will begin to seriously potty train the 2 year old. Hours later I decided today is not that day after all and tomorrow probably isn't either or the day after that. Many, many days may pass before it happens. I read books, he watched videos, I even tried toys in warm water to help speed things along, no joy. We had no success this day but I did get some cute pictures of the ordeal.


 And at the end of this day, there were tears. Some were even mine. Our weeks are made of triumphs and tears, laughter and melt downs, worry and peace, work and down time but as I ran to catch the last bit of light leave the sky I was reminded of the creator. God above holds all our days and I praise him for another week of life and love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment